World Golden Visa recognises you have a choice when choosing your agent and representative. Country boundaries and physical location offer few restrictions as to where your agency needs to be based. It’s not necessary to meet your consultant in order to commence business. But with this in mind, it is still important to do your checks and due diligence on who you want to work for you. We have listed below twelve questions we would recommend you ask about any business you are thinking of engaging to represent you for residency or citizenship through investment.
- Is your agent authorised to promote the programme where required by the government?
- Is your agent based in a jurisdiction (country) where you are confident in the law that will be applied?
- Does your agent offer you a full contract and detailed quote with all costs included?
- Does your agent have experience in the particular programme?
- Does your agent have experience in the investment class (eg International Real Estate)
- Is your agent offering you prices or promises that are “too good to be true”?
- Does your agent insist on taking full payment themselves rather than allowing you to pay the government or developer direct?
- Is your agent supported by independent, professional legal partners who you have access too?
- Has your agent dealt with applicants and investors from your country previously?